Umm it’s been a while! And in the spirit of getting SOMETHING published here, I’m totally phoning it in and sharing last week’s menu.
It’s mostly vegetarian and I’m happy to report that my family didn’t even miss the meat. Yes, even my harshest food critics ate every bite (3 year old / 6 year old…)!
Hot tip: Freeze the soup & burritos so you can make at your leisure in a snap.
Sunday: Salmon bowls
- I get the responsibly farmed, Atlantic Salmon at Whole Foods
- Best marinade ever (literally use this on everything including chicken and beef):
- Mix about 1/4 cup soy sauce with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 TBSP Miso, 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard and 1 TBSP Oil (Sesame or Olive)
- Soak non-frozen salmon in marinade for at least 30 mins (the longer the better)
- Pan sear in Butter + Olive Oil – 5 mins each side on med/high, start with skin side UP – remove the skin after cooking / before serving
- Steamed Broccoli
- Rice Pilaf – Make it from a box
- Put all in a bowl, start with rice on bottom
Monday: Vegan mashed potato bowls
- Seriously, everyone loved these!
Tuesday: Spaghetti with zucchini and yellow squash and arugula
- Used a spiralizer with the squash instead of chopping. I hate chopping.
Wednesday: Black bean butternut squash soup
- Meal prepped, froze everything except liquids & Greens in a gallon bag
- Dump frozen stuff into a pot with liquids and simmer for like an hour OR drop it in the crock pot while you’re at work
- Use a whisk or a quick hit with an immersion blender after it’s cooked to break up some of the chunks
- Made store bought biscuits the day of for a side
Thursday: Vegetarian Burritos
- Cilantro Lime Rice – Literally rice + cilantro + lime juice
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped veggies (bell peppers, onions)
- Refried Black Beans (1 Can)
- Frozen corn
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Mix everything above this line in a bowl – Quantities “to taste”
- Wrap this mixture in burritos, freeze burritos in a gallon bag (a REUSABLE gallon bag for bonus points)
- Bake covered in a casserole dish from frozen at 375 for like 30-45 mins – Cover in cheese & enchilada sauce if you like 😊
Friday: Homemade cheese Pizza
- Frozen pizza crusts
- Jar pizza sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Pre-mixed Italian seasoning
- Assemble and bake at 425 for 10-12 mins until cheese is gooey and golden brown
Hopefully this helps take some of the effort out of figuring out what TF to make for dinner. Wahoo!